Off Grid Living
“Off Grid Living is being sustainable in your back garden.”
Off Grid Living Team
About Off Grid Living
Off Grid Living is owned and operated by proud Kiwi’s. Our genuine passion started from the creative use of small spaces and how it was possible to live self-sustainable in a tiny cabin. Cabins provide us with shelter and warmth, while it rains water is collected and stored into a slimeline 1000 litre water tank. This water can now be used on your homegrown vegetables and fruit to provide the family with organic fresh food.
It’s easy to get caught up in a world that we’re living and forget about the destruction we’ve caused on the way. Off Grid Living truly believe that sustainable living is possible. So that’s why we are going to get back to the basics of survival – The Core Four.
Facts that drives the company to do more for the World
- The last time a global survey was attempted – by the United Nations in 2005 – an estimated 100 million people were homeless worldwide.
- Habitat for Humanity estimated in 2015 that 1.6 billion people around the world live in “inadequate shelter”.
In New Zealand, “homelessness” is defined as: “A living situation where people with no other options to acquire safe and secure housing are: without shelter, in temporary accommodation, sharing accommodation with a household, or living in uninhabitable housing.” – Statistics NZ New Zealand definition of homelessness: update
As shocking as these statistics are, there are so many great organizations working tirelessly to end homelessness around the world. “Get inspired by their work and success from others” Off Grid Living.
Our cabins provide an alternative for emergency shelter/housing. Cabins are built under 10m2 making it possible to have it built in the backgarden with no council permit. A great solution for extra space or that quiet escape.
- 3 fuel sources, coal, natural gas, oil/petroleum help to meet the energy demands of today’s world.
- Fossil fuels are being extracted at a fast rate, and it is estimated that they will be finished in the next 30-40 years.
- Carbon dioxide is the gas released when fossil fuels are burnt and is one of the primary gases responsible for global warming.
The rise in temperature of Earth has resulted in melting of polar caps, flooding of low-lying areas, and rise in sea levels.
Photovoltaic solar panels use the energy from the sun, to generate sustainable energy to power your home. The energy can be stored in independent batteries giving you the power to control your outage.
Imagine not getting any energy bills through the door, imagine the energy you will be saving, not just money but the environment too. Investing in renewable sources is a great idea since fossil fuels are non-renewable, it is more likely that electricity prices will rise in the future.
Eliminate your power bill, and join the solar revolution.
- 783 million people do not have access to clean and safe water. That’s 1 in 9 people worldwide.
- Globally we use 70% of our water sources for agriculture and irrigation and only 10% on domestic uses
Facts like these are the reason why we want to make a difference here at Off Grid Living. Collecting water is very important to us and that is why we have designed the most natural method which is collecting rainwater from the roof.
Water is collected and stored in a new design slimline tank which blends in with fencelines, homes, and gardens. This tank is also a vertical garden system which has been specifically designed to suit both the 1000 & 2000. Growing your own is now even easier.
Please note that water stored is NOT for drinking purposes. The water stored is solely used for watering your plants in the garden. Water filters can be installed but must comply and checked by the council.
- Worldwide, hunger is an issue for over 862 million people. Children die every day because of inadequate food and nutrition.
- 1 in every 9 people goes to bed hungry each night.
Off Grid Living believes that breaking the cycle of poverty and building strong communities begins when every person has enough nutritious food to live a healthy and productive life.
Even if you don’t have big back garden you can still grow food anywhere. Consider container gardening if you have a sunny balcony or patio or an indoor herb garden on a windowsill. There are many benefits from growing your own food, reduce the carbon footprint and eliminate transportation for your goods and simply save money on food bills.
Check out our GreenShed, which allows you to grow all year round. Choose from a huge range of plants Fruit trees, vegetables, & herbs.